Scary Bird

Scary Bird
Bird at Castle Howard - photo by Jeremy Fiest

Friday, October 1, 2010

Sometimes They Come Back...Again!

I know, crap movie, but the title seemed fitting.

I've been away for most of the month. Sorry about that to my whopping two blog readers. Kidding. I'm sure there are at least three you...right?

Anyway, things have been busy for me. I'm writing for a few projects currently that are keeping me a bit jammed up. That happens. There are times when it seems like I've got all the time in the world and want more to do, and other times when I have far too many things to do and not enough time.

That's the life of a freelance writer/filmmaker/super cool guy.

I love it, though, and wouldn't change a thing. In fact, I'm nearly caught up and preparing to start a couple more projects. I'm working on Dawn of the Ninja right now, but also have a couple more creator owned projects I hope to start on soon. Exciting times.

I was also talking with my 20-year best bud and lover of action figures, John Johnson about doing another film in 2011. The challenge now becomes deciding what film to do. We're thinking horror this time. I also have an idea for a wonderful documentary that I could start whenever, but need to find the perfect subject. If I can get this off the ground by the end of next year, I'll try and post some updates on its progress. If not, this may be the last time you hear of it. I'm hoping for the former, of course.

So, here's the deal. I'm 28-years-old. I've worked with Ray Dillon for about ten years now - though, I took three years off to work in Los Angeles and make my film. We've had may projects come and go. We're continuing to work on a few others even now. I MUST have my own project published before I'm 30. That gives me a year and a half. Sure, I've been published many times in the short story or short comic format, but I'm talking about a GN or a series of some kind.

The good news, with the way things are progressing, I will most likely accomplish this goal very soon.

Last, thought: I think I'm going to start linking to super cool trailers that I find. I'm a junky for such things, and enjoy sharing and talking about them with my friends, so this should be the perfect outlet. Also, I'll continue posting reviews every now and then on the films I see, or comics or novels I read. So, please, keep checking in. I haven't forgotten about you, my love.

Cool photo time:


More to come.

2 comments:

  1. I am going to do everything in my power to keep you from EVER being published EVER!

    Also, is that a picture of a kid about to be shot in the mouth? Or a little person? Very tiny arms...

    ReplyDelete
  2. With a gun barrel between your teeth, you speak only in vowels.

    ReplyDelete