Scary Bird

Scary Bird
Bird at Castle Howard - photo by Jeremy Fiest

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Yes, I am a trailer addict...

Thought I would post some trailers for the films I'm currently most excited about. Please, feel free to let me know if I've missed anything super cool, but really these are only a FEW of the films I'm looking forward to. The full list would take much more time.

First up we have 127 HOURS by Danny Boyle. I've see all of his films, and aside from already being an awesome filmmaker, he's one of those that continues to get better with every project. This film looks fantastic, and James Franco looks as though he gives a great performance. 




Next we have TRUE GRIT by Joel and Ethan Coen. I have to say that I am most excited about this film. The Coens are among my personal favorite contemporary filmmakers. The cast, which includes Jeff Bridges and Matt Damon is also quite stellar. I have very little doubt that this will be anything less than great. 





This third choice is another complete package as far as actor and director are concerned. In BIUTIFUL we have Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu directing and Javier Bardem in the leading role. On top of that the trailer looks amazing! However, I do have to say that I prefer the trailer Apple currently has up so you may want to go check it out there at this link: Biutiful - or you can just be lazy and watch this one.





Whoa. This looks nuts.THE BLACK SWAN. I've been a fan of Darren Aronofsky since I saw Requiem for a Dream and then later went back and watched Pi, which I also loved. I would have to say that he is one of the most ambitious and interesting filmmakers today; however, while it was a fine effort, I was not a huge fan of The Fountain. What I'm most interested in is what he will do with X-Men Origins: Wolverine 2. Wow. What a strange, yet, cool choice! All that aside, I have a good feeling about this one:





I think five will do for now. This last choice is THE FIGHTER by David O. Russell. I'm interested in this film on multiple levels. Firstly, I was a professional cage fighter so I have a deep appreciation for the source material, and secondly, because I'm a huge fan of both David O. Russell and Christian Bale. Three Kings is one of my very favorite films, and, of course, Christian Bale is always fantastic; though, it looks like he's, once again, gone above and beyond the call of duty physically for the role - as he did in the machinist - by losing a shit-load of weight. Check it:





Like I said up top, these, of course, are not all the films/trailers I'm jazzed about at the moment, but they do fall at the top of my list. If there's something you think should be on here, please, feel free to post a link. I'm always on the lookout for an awesome trailer. 


Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, man! Thank you for posting The Fighter. I hadn't heard of that yet. Looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem, Mr. Dillon. I'm looking forward to it, too. Now...get back to your cave...

    ReplyDelete