Scary Bird

Scary Bird
Bird at Castle Howard - photo by Jeremy Fiest

Saturday, January 8, 2011

ISLAND TALES: Legend of Sirena

I had a lot of fun with this legend. The story is about a girl who transforms into a mermaid, so I thought it may be fun if we treated it like a werewolf transformation rather than making look like some enchanted process. Again, the art of Ray Dillon did not fail to go above and beyond.

The story is based on this LEGEND if you're interested in reading a bit about it.

I'm not posting any letters for this one because it will be paired with the other Island Tales story I posted below. If you want to read the rest you'll have to buy it...;)

You can keep up-to-date at the Island Tales website.

"Island Tales is a comic anthology based on folklore and mythology from the Pacific.  Some stories are adapted from traditional stories while others are modern retellings of the classics."








2 comments:

  1. You say I "did not fail to go above and beyond" but you didn't say I succeeded. You're a shifty bloke ain't ye? I'm onto ye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I'm, like, 90% of your blog. I own your life.

    ReplyDelete